Device Manager is a feature in Microsoft Windows where the user can view the list of hardware connected to the computer. Device Manager was first introduced by Microsoft in Windows 95 & from then it has been made available in all Microsoft windows versions.
Below is the list of Microsoft Windows versions that have device manager:
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Microsoft Windows ME
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows 2003
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 10
How to open Windows Device Manager?
I will show you various methods to open Device Manager in various Microsoft windows versions
Method 1: Search Method
- Click on the Start button on the left bottom of your screen.
- In the Start Menu Search Box search for Device Manger and then press enter.
This method works only in Windows Versions where search option is provided in start Menu.
Method 2: Via My Computer
- Click on the Start button on the left bottom of your screen. Right Click on “My Computer”. Then click on Properties.
- Else if you have “My Computer” icon on desktop you can even right click on it and then click on properties.
- In the System Information screen that’s pops up you can see device manager on the Top left side.
Method 3 Through Control Panel
- Click on the Start button on the left bottom of your screen then click on control panel.
- In control Panel you can see the Device Manager Icon.
In Electronics field Device Manager is frequently used when connecting Electronic Hardware like Arduino Uno, USB to Serial Converter via USB Port. It is used to check the virtual com port number that is generated when a Driver for USB to serial Converter is Installed.